Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sam is Trouble

Sam found the blogging app on my iPhone and he posted Saturday's gem. We were perusing cars with our good friend, and car enthusiast, because I am beginning to think about purchasing a new set of wheels. My car has +112,000 miles on it and there are beginning to be some issues with it's performance, e.g. (it takes a few tries before it starts up in cold weather, the starter and battery needed to be replaced in the last year and a half, etc.)

We didn't actually go with the intent of purchasing anything, and we were looking at Acuras, Infinities, Lexus. Definitely no Range Rover for me!  I'm also NOT getting this car as a present from my parents (honestly, no hard feelings because they bought me the car I currently drive and I was lucky for that!).  I'm going to head to the Honda, Volkswagen, and Toyota dealers hopefully sometime in April to check them out.  

The idea is to figure out where Sam and are going to be living, and what my commute will be, and then to figure out what would be the best car given those variables.  I must admit, I am really digging the Acura TSX right now, though.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. You KNOW I love my Hyundai Elantra - as do my parents (they have a Sonata) and my brother (has a Santa Fe). People laugh like I'm so "lame" but I'll tell you - over 100,000 miles with nothing but basic service (brakes, tires, oil changes) and COMPLETELY reliable. Also a more bumpin' sound system than my friends' Hondas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm it looks like I need to add the Hyndai dealership to my list. It took 5 minutes for my car to start this morning. I seriously was sitting there thinking it was dead for sure and I would have to eat my "I'm not buying something soon" words. When I turn the key there is a fan or something that comes on, and it kind of whirrs and then nothing. NO BUENO!

    ReplyDelete