Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Calm Before The Storm

Last night Sam and I kicked off celebrating his successful match by hitting the gym before dinner. I have a very hard time sticking to healthy eating habits when I am under stress and  unfortunately that's been the status quo in the last several weeks.  After the gym, I made pancakes for dinner, and Sam and I headed over to Dan and Tina's apartment to watch a movie.  We watched Toy Story 3 (awesome film) and the majority of the film deals with how to cope with transitions- a very appropriate subject at this moment in our lives.

I turned in my take-home final for my lecture class tonight and then went to play laser tag with some of Sam's classmates.  In our first game, I ranked 8 of 33 people (the highest girl).  In the second game I only ranked 14, but it was a team game as opposed to the first game which was a free for all.

I realized this morning that today, Tuesday, is the calm before the storm.  Yesterday was the anxiety over whether Sam would match outright or not.  And tomorrow is the Marty Morris Pre-Match party thrown by the medical school.  The excitement of match will begin building tomorrow afternoon, as Sam and our friends celebrate their own class's pre-match party.  It's so insane to me how quickly the last 3.5 years have gone.  Wow.

I now have 7 boys in the living room having some beers and whiskey post laser tag and celebrating BYK's birthday.  I need to get to sleep, tomorrow is going to be a VERY long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment