Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sam's Match Surprise

A couple of weeks ago, I invited Sam's college roommates down from Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, and Upland to surprise him and help him celebrate his match.  The turn out was better than I had expected it would be!  Not only did Nathan, Ryan, and Kevin make it- Drew came down from Long Beach, Pfleger made it down with Kevin, and Eric drove Ryan in for us since his car has been in the shop. We definitely surprised Sammy, and I think it was a really, really great weekend.  The boys went golfing Saturday and then we ordered in Pizza's from Gina's- one of the favorite chains in college.  After dinner, we headed down to the peninsula in Newport Beach to hit some of the bars.  All in all, it was a great night, and the foul weather held out until we managed to back home.  We squeezed six guys into the apartment in addition to Sam and myself, which is by far our largest crew yet.  

Sam was able to iron out the details of our A's v. Angel's baseball game at the end of April, so we know we'll be able to see the boys again at least once before we leave on our vacation.  And then, almost as soon as we're back, it's Sam's graduation and hopefully the boys will be able to come down for that.  

Now, Sam and I are a busy doing laundry (the last load is in the drier) and cleaning the house.   I am looking forward a quiet evening after working on the first few pages of my final paper for my online class.

No comments:

Post a Comment