Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Body By Amanda

With a very heavy heart, I walked home from the gym tonight after my last (for a while) in-person workout with my personal trainer, Amanda.  In the last 18 months she has pushed me beyond my limits, taught me new training techniques, and encouraged me stick with Weight Watchers since for me, diet is a more challenging lifestyle component than exercise.  Amanda trained me for my first (possibly only) 5K, turned me on to studio cycling classes, and supported my with out-of-the-gym struggles.  After making the decision to leave the graduate program at UCI in order to train full time, she is now scaling back her commute to increase her client volume.  I am so happy for her and wish her all the success in the world. 

From now until Sam and I leave for Southeast Asia, I’ll be training online with Amanda- completing the programs she gives me and reporting back to her the stats.  I can't believe I won't be seeing her twice a week, but I’m comforted to know that we’ll be able to work together online no matter where I move in June ( LA looks pretty appealing from the perspective of fulfilling my fitness needs.)

Before Amanda, and after Amanda
I know it was my blood, sweat tears that got me here, but Amanda made that possible.  She put in the time and effort creating challenging workouts, setting new goals for me, and reminding me that I am capable of accomplishing anything I set my mind to.  I can say this, “Amanda, our work together has not been easy, ever.  But it has been the most rewarding personal journey of my life, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.”

2 comments:

  1. Gianna, you look fantastic! Amanda sounds like an amazing support system :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! Amanda is a really motivational person and more importantly a great friend. And if Sam matches at USC she has already assured me that I will be able to work out with her in person again. So I am hopeful that will work out for us!

    ReplyDelete