Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

An Exciting Start To March

I am posting this from the Irvine Kaiser Perminente ED (in real life medicine the 'ER' is really the Emergency Department). But let me start at the begining.

Sam booked our flights to Thailand and Bali today. We leave May 1st at 1:30 AM and return May 31st in the evening. We still need to figure out our travel plans to and from Cambodia but that will be cake compared to all the SCUBA and hotel arrangements. I will update the improtant dates on the sidebar ASAP.

Then,I was sitting in class when I got a call from one of Sam's teammates and a voicemail. I texted him back "Did something happen to Sam?" and Ryan texted texted "Everything is okay now." Turns out Sam took a knee to the head as the goalie took the ball and Sam hit the ground hard. There is also a laceration deep in the soft tissue inside his upper middle lip. Gross.

We're waiting for him to have a head CT, get antibiotics, have the CT cleared by the doc, and then I promised I would buy dinner. Which at this point is going to have to be whatever is still open. Think good thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment