Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

My last day of work on Friday went great.  I had a wonderful lunch with Michelle and Kelley before my exit interview with our HR manager, and then a few of my coworkers met up with some of the medical students and we all grabbed dinner and drinks at Durty Nelly's bar in Costa Mesa.  Kevin came down from Santa Barbara to visit his cousin Caitlin and they met up with us too.  It was quite the night!

Yesterday morning Sam and I left for Ventura to meet up with some of his relatives and celebrate seder.  His parents, grandpa, aunt, and uncle came down from Northern California, and Justin came down from Santa Barbara.  It was great. We stayed at a beautiful resort with HUGE rooms and had an amazing Easter Brunch.

On our way back to Orange County we stopped to check out some potential apartments for next year.  We're debating between Villa Coronado in Irvine and Gateway in Orange/Anaheim.  Both places 2 bedroom/2 bath floor plans, similar kitchens, washer/drier in unit, dishwasher, at lots of closet space. The former is in a very nice community in Irvine near parks and grocery stores.  The later is about a half mile (if that) from the UCI medical center, but it's right on the highway and the surrounding area isn't very nice.  I personally am leaning toward the Irvine location where I would be closer to our friends and feel more comfortable in my surroundings, but we'll have to think about it and see how much better it would be for Sam to be next door to the hospital and able to ride his bike.

Tomorrow I have a VERY long to-do list followed by dinner with Pete and Margaux.  I can't wait to see them- we are overdue to celebrate Sam's match as well as catch up before we leave on vacation.  A week from now we'll be getting ready to land!

1 comment: