Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Training


Bubba stopped me on my way into the gym yesterday and wanted to train me for an hour but I told him that I was on my way into spin class.  He asked me to come back after class and talk to him.  So I did.  

Turns out it was a bit of a sales pitch and he wants me to buy into their personal training program.  Hmmm, I see.  So we talked a bit about my fitness goals and my history with training and exercise and then he asked me to come in tonight at 6pm for a workout.  

I knew going into this whole thing that he was going to try to pitch me on a $140 training program working out with their trainers once a week.  Oh wow.  For that much money I could do a lot of stuff, and frankly I am not that impressed with the trainers I see on the floor when I'm coming to and from spin classes.  

Yes, I want to get back to training... I need to begin weight lifting more.  I need to build up my muscle mass to help me burn calories and fat and get myself back into good shape.  I need to focus more on my core and my upper body instead of letting them get their entire workout at spin class.  Today, I go forward, but not with Bubba.

Side note: In Making the Cut is going pretty well and I'm getting to try LOTS of new recipes.  The book says I should be eating cottage cheese.  I have always been kind of iffy about the way cottage cheese looks, so I've shied away from it.  But today I found "small curd" cottage cheese.  I had it with strawberries for dessert and it was pretty good!  It's kind of like cream cheese only lumpy and more watery.  But still, I was impressed.  it's not sour like yogurt which was really, really nice.  

1 comment:

  1. Small curd cottage cheese is my FAVE - I used to mix it with a can of tuna (gross to some, I know) and it was my super protein lunch back at 'SC. :)

    ReplyDelete