Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Blast From the Past

It's really funny how things catch up with you eventually...

Sam and I were both thinking (at separate times) this week how amazing our lives are: both love what we do, have amazingly supportive families, wonderful friends, and a great home life.  For the record, "Great home life" was Sam's exact wording.  And we were both wondering when the other proverbial other shoe would drop.  

It may have dropped.  

Sam and I found out a blast from the past will soon be here with us.  It's funny how things work out: you think you've closed doors on certain chapters and people but then suddenly the door is right in front of you or the book opens to a familiar page.

It's unclear whether this chapter will bring positivity or negativity back into our lives, but we are both (all?) very different people than we were ten years ago.  I want to believe the drama that unfolded in High School is all past us now, and that we can move forward.  

In any case, it's odd Sam and I were both feeling that sense of "things are going too well" and then we got a Monkey Wrench.  Sometimes it makes me wonder if certain things are meant to be and there is some fate component to life.  I know there are definitely times I have felt a pull stronger than my own free-will, but maybe that is just the romantic in me.

So bring it on world.  We are as ready as we'll ever be!

No comments:

Post a Comment