Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lazy Saturday

I'm typing this at 11:08, on the couch in my PJs with Hunter passed out in my lap and Sam next to me reading the NY Times.  We are having our first lazy Saturday in a long time and enjoying Sam's Golden Weekend.  Yes, we were on vacation for a week, but Saturday morning Sam got up and went sailing with his parents and I was up early doing my laundry and packing for our drive back to Southern California.

So, this really is our first lazy Saturday at home in a few weeks.  How did we spend it?  We slept it until 8:45- a huge luxury for Sam!  He pulled up HBO-go on the iPad and we watched 50 First Dates until Hunter needed to bet let out, at which point I made us pancakes and coffee to enjoy during the second half of the movie.

When the movie was over, we just didn't get up from the couch... Sam started reading the paper, I thought it would be a good idea to keep working on my LinkedIn research, but decided I would blog instead.  We have definitely earned this lazy Saturday, we were out late last night with Ryan (and kind of Jenna too).  Ryan picked me up around 5 and we headed over to Morton's for Happy Hour.  Jenna was cocktailing the bar and patio so we sat outside and watched basketball until Sam joined us from work.

Man, there were some really douchey guys at the table next to us.  The kind of guys that took every opportunity to make Jenna feel like she was screwing up their service when in fact she was doing a great job.  Then they started going off on politics.  Let's put it this way, our table and theirs did not vote for the same candidate in the last election.  And they sounded so entitled to their money.  Don't get me wrong, I think that hard working Americans deserve to live comfortably, but you don't have to be a jerk about it.  I mean frankly, we are all eating at Morton's so life can't be too difficult for us.  They had this mentality about work too.  At one point one of them said, "Look, I run a successful construction company and these kids come in and try to tell me what to do.  I don't think so.  Sit down, shut up, and hold the f*ck on."  Excuse me?  Are you so self-agrandizing that you actually believe there is only one 'right' way to do things?  Maybe you're missing out on a great new technique because you're too busy putting everyone down to hear anyone out.  I mean they give Republicans such a bad name it's pathetic!

You know, entitled people exist everywhere.  But it really does seem like there is a higher concentration of them here in Orange County.  Perhaps that's just because we were recently home for a week and surrounded by people who have money and don't drive Bentleys and Rolls Royces or enroll their children in private schools.  Here it just seems so opulent it's ridiculous!  Anyway, I'm going to get off my soapbox now.

No comments:

Post a Comment