Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Back to Thailand

Sam and I hopped on a bus in Siem Reap yesterday morning at 8am that arrived in Bangkok at 5pm.  We went directly to the bus depot to catch the 7pm overnight train to Phuket, and then get back on another train at 8:10 finally arriving in Hat Khao Lak at 10:15 this morning.  Did I mention that on the final let of our trip the bus was over-crowded and one of the little girls was carsick?  Yeah.  So Sam and I are treating ourselves to a nice beachfront bungalow for the next three nights before we head over to Railay.

The overnight bus wasn't that bad, nor was the additional 2 hour bus ride today, but altogether is was a little too much traveling for me!  Upon arriving our first order of business was to wash our dirty laundry, take showers, and brush our teeth.  It's amazing how much better I feel just having accomplished that!  Now, after surviving for 29 hours on a canister of Pringles and a sleeve of Ritz crackers, I am sure you'll pardon me for cutting this a bit short as we need to find a decent meal!

We've got functioning wifi in our bungalow so stay tuned for more posting the next few days!

View from our room
View from our porch

1 comment: