Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Santiago


Terramotos
I don't like driving in non-English speaking countries.  After a very stressful navigation of the city of Santiago we are settled into our hostel and enjoying our last day before heading home.  Yesterday we met up with Justin after visiting yet another museum- the pre-Colombian museum.  This museum features items from before Columbus landed and the Spanish influenced the indigenous people.  

Justin took us to the Lice Bar (Engish translation) for terramotos (earthquakes) which are the unique drink of Chile.  It's half white wine, and half pisco, with a scoop of pineapple icecream on top. The idea is that you have one, and stand up, and then everything starts shaking.  You can also order half of one which is called an aftershock.  It was just terrible!  Then we hit up a Peruvian restaurant that was pretty so-so compared with the amazing dinner we had at the freezing cold restaurant in Santa Cruz.  
Today he sent us on a 4 hour walking tour of the city, which was neat and provided me with some great souvenirs from our trip.  Sam went to climb the hill near our hostel to see the fort on top and I have been catching up on blogging, but I should pack my bags tonight because we check out tomorrow morning and go on a cultural tour with Justin's abroad program tomorrow before we fly home.  Sam and I have to haul our luggage and the case of wine we bought to Justin's house before we leave on the tour and I am NOT excited about it.  LOL.  I'm also hoping that the wine fares better than our baggage did on the way here- of the 6 bottles we bought at least 4 of them are ones we really want to drink and give as gifts when we return.
The Opera House
The Presidential Residence 


No comments:

Post a Comment