Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Sort of.  I am staying overnight with Emily tonight and tomorrow night while Matt's out of town so that I can give her a hand with Ethan.  She's working 6am-8pm so I am on morning and evening duty- dropping him off at and picking him up from daycare.  I have to say, I am pretty excited to spend some quality time with the little man, and also to get a taste of Mommy-hood.  I definitely say I want a dog sooner rather later, I am make no mistake that someday I want to be a Mom, but this is the first time I will be overnighting with a toddler and responsible for getting him up, changed, clothed, to daycare, and then home, fed, changed, and put to sleep.  It will truly be like I am playing 'house'.  

The upside is that I'll be able to go home to my apartment and check in on things there- finish our laundry, do the dishes from Sam's dinner, and get back in the saddle job searching.  I also have a LOT of homework I need to accomplish before tomorrow night- finalizing the group assignment due tomorrow in my Writing Workshop class took at least 2 hours tonight, and then I've got to write a direct mail submission and read two chapters by 6:30 tomorrow evening.  I also have a project due Wednesday night that I need to take a look at tomorrow in case I have questions and I need to ask a classmate.  

Such is life!  And I had a really productive day so I'm really happy with myself right now.  We did the vast majority of the laundry from our trip, stocked the fridge and pantry, and I cleaned our master bathroom tub and toilet- not my favorite chore!  I am a little bummed that I won't be home tomorrow when Sam gets back from his first day of his second Orthopedic Surgery rotation at the VA, but I promised him I would call him on my way back to the Grants' house after class.  Before I left tonight, I made him home-made salsa and left tilapia in the fridge that he needed to bake when he came back from working out.  I feel somehow better knowing that I didn't abandon him without food during a tough rotation!

I am working on getting the photos up, but school is taking priority right now.  Bear with me a few more days at the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment