Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Chile Bound

We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz!

Well not quite... we're off to see Chile, and the wonderful Justin Galle!  Sam and I are taking off from LAX at 3pm, we have a brief layover in Dallas (Hello Michelle!) and we arrive in Santiago tomorrow morning.  

It seems unreal to me that we're going to be in our 6th country of 2011 (not including the good ole US of A) tomorrow morning.  This vacation really snuck up on me!  It was just Wednesday that I finally photocopied our passports and flight information and emailed my parents our itinerary.  My bags were only partially packed until this morning which is INCREDIBLY rare for me- I have always been a weekend-before-my-trip-packer.  And I left all of my travel-related purchased until the very last possible minute.  

Having learned from my previous mistakes, I purchased a pair of compression socks for the flight.  When we arrived in Bangkok my poor calves and feet were swollen for 5 days- the first 2 of which were agonizingly painful.  It was as if my tissue had ossified and was stiff as a board.  Amanda had suggested the socks before our SE Asia trip, but I didn't have time to track down a pair.  This time around, you better believe I made time!  

I also bought some travel detergent.  This stuff is MUCH more convenient than what I've seen before.  It's a small plastic container the size of dental floss and it's filled with 50 sheets of detergent that dissolve in water.  Very neat!  I will have to recommend it to Nonna if it works.

Finally, I have finished my laundry and packed my bags.  This is quite an accomplishment because I've got books to bring for school, one for pleasure, and 2 projects I need to complete while we're away.  I hope I haven't forgotten something essential in my focus on academics.  

This is a relatively short trip, only 8 days in Chile, but Sam and I are really looking forward to it.  He finished his 2-day licensing exams on Tuesday which we are excited to celebrate.  Once he gets the results he will be able to prescribe medications. (I know some of you have been asking when that would be possible for the last 5 years and I am happy to let you know the day has almost finally arrived!)  I may have time to pop on and blog while we're gone, but if not I will be sure to take LOTS of photos, keep a journal to keep all our travels fresh in my mind, and blog feverishly upon my return to the states.  

No comments:

Post a Comment