Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Gratitude

This morning, Mom and Dad wanted to pick up a few last minute items that we had forgotten in all our shopping and decorating.  We headed into Target to buy a Christmas wreath that my Dad hung over the fireplace, a poinsettia to put near the hearth, and red place mats to match the tablecloth Mom brought me.  She even threw in a set of 4 red plates that we can use.  And don't think we forgot Chanukah- we bought a dreidel, some gold covered chocolate coins, and a blue decal menorah with flames just in case Sam's parents can't bring theirs down when they come to visit.  Sam's aunt made us one but it caught fire last year, and he can't find one he likes that we can buy.  C'est la vie.

I think Mom and Dad were both really happy with the decorations when they left.  My Mom is the queen of decorating for the holidays and it would have been incredibly difficult for me to be away from them, not in Moraga, and not decorated environment at Christmas.  My Dad mentioned that he had no idea I spend so much time alone and he's glad I will have such a great, festive home to relax in after work.  I couldn't agree with him more!

And then, after we had everything in place, they had to pack up the car and drive back to Northern California to get home to our little dog, Max.  

Spending time with them  over the last 4 days has reminded me how incredibly lucky I am to have such wonderful family and friends.  I love having visitors, especially Mom and Dad.  And even though I've lived here in SoCal for over 4 years, I still get so sad when it's time to say goodbye.  Maybe this time was especially hard because I won't be able to see them at Christmas, and Sam's not home.

Time to focus on Michelle's visit from Texas next weekend when she interviews at UCLA for residency!  



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful beautiful! I am living vicariously through you as we're still remodeling and waiting to decorate until next year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom was having similar withdrawals (I think) for which I was the beneficiary

    ReplyDelete