Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Back To Work

Well ladies and gentlemen, I am officially back in the workforce as of Monday.  I accepted a job as a Marketing Manager at a small communications technology company in Lake Forest, ironically just around the corner from my previous company's building.  That should make for some exiting run-ins at the food court!

So far, I really like all of my new coworkers.  There are 2 front office guys, the owner/CEO/president, 4 service techs, 1 sales guy, the HR woman, and myself.  Yes, that means there are only 2 ladies in the office... unless you count the owner's dog, Mindy, who is our mascot and comes to work every day.  

I have definitely take a HUGE bite that will probably take some chewing, but I am really happy in my new environment.  Despite the unavoidable headaches that I will probably be experiencing when things get underway, I think this is an unbelievable opportunity for me and certainly something that I am excited to pursue.

And now, I am headed to bed (where Sam has been for an hour already) because I am making the effort to be a little more professionally dressed at work this time around.  If anyone has any marketing connections, I would greatly appreciate any and all advice that I can get- I am trying to build myself a support network so that when things come up that I haven't seen before I have people I can rely on for help.

PS- I am now one of those people who puts a notepad next to the bed because in the middle of the night last night I was up, mind racing, and the only way I could get it to calm down was by writing everything on paper.

PPS- Next week my Fall Quarter marketing classes end, which I could not be more excited about.  It's tough going to work 8-5 and then straight to class until 9:30! 

No comments:

Post a Comment