Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Mystery Illness

So I have been on my ass the last couple of days with horrible body aches, chills, low grade fever, and general malaise.  I started feeling crummy on Tuesday afternoon and went home from work a little early.  I woke up in the middle of the night on Wednesday and took another dose of Tylenol and Ibuprofen.  Wednesday I made it up to Pasadena for Ryan's graduation, but I was a mess during the majority of his ceremony and left at 2:30 to head back to OC.

I got in touch with my MD and she wanted me to come in and be seen so I made an appointment for Thursday (yesterday) morning and got blood work done.  My white blood count was elevated double the normal numbers and I felt totally crappy.  Last night, I got a call from the doctor at 9:30 that she was concerned about the WBC and wanted to make sure that if I felt worse in any way I went to the ED over night.

This morning she emailed me and wanted me to get to the main lab at the hospital for another round of more serious blood and urinalysis.  Turns out I have a UTI or bladder infection as well as the YI which was probably why my WBC was so high.  It could be that I had those vaccines earlier this week and they distracted my immune system so that my YI progressed into a UTI.  Or maybe I had both but I couldn't really tell because I didn't have a frequent urge to pee.

As Carina said when I texted her, "WTF you're a mess!"  So now I have a prescription in at the pharmacy that should be ready to be picked up in about 45 minutes.  Hopefully that will start to get everything back to normal.  My WBC had dropped from 18.9 yesterday to 16 today so that's a good sign!

Hopefully things are going to be turning around for me here soon because on dear Lord I cannot manage this crappiness for much longer.  I am also really happy my parents will be here tonight and they'll be able to take care of me this weekend while Sammy's on call.

I should note that Hunter has been quite the little nurse during my illness and he hasn't really left my side.  Yes, there has been more barking than I'd like, but overall he has been a little gentleman sitting with me on the couch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment