Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Henry-Sitting

This has been a very busy week!  It kicked off with some very good news from a company I interviewed with last week, and me getting an interview for a marketing coordinator position at a cool company very close to our apartment.  Yay!  I'm waiting for the second interview to be scheduled next week at both places- fingers crossed everyone!

Then, Tuesday night, I picked Henry the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from Matt & Emily because he was coming over to hang out with Sam and I while Matt & Em moved into their new home on Wednesday.  Sam and I got to hang with the little munchkin two nights and days while the Grants got settled and I took him over to his new house this evening to watch the 49er-Charger game with my favorite little family.

Man, having Henry really made me sure I could handle a puppy.  Yes, it would mean I would have to get up earlier before work (when I get a job) because the poor little guy would need to go for a potty walk in the morning.  Henry and I went to the pet store on our walk yesterday and we saw an adorable pair of 8 week old Cavalier puppies.  They were sisters and they were SO precious.  Sam says I have to wait until I have a job to get the puppy... damn him and his logical thinking.  

This morning, I took 2 resumes and cover letters into the UCI Career Center for a counseling appointment and it went really, really well!  I'm starting to really get the hang of this, and my documents are looking great.  They do still need tweaked slightly here and there, but over all it's such an improvement from when I started.  I submitted for 3 jobs this afternoon while cooking Nonna's spaghetti sauce and meatballs.  

Sam's parents arrive tomorrow for the long weekend.  They are staying at their all-time favorite hotel, the Surf and Sand in Laguna Beach.  Unfortunately, Sam has to work every day Fri-Mon while they are here.  :-(  Luckily Pete and Margaux are coming down from LA on Saturday and are staying with Sam and I to hang out.  

Saturday night we're heading to Javier's for dinner and a sunset view, and Sunday Sam and I are hosting dinner at our apartment- spaghetti and meatballs!  Hence the cooking today, so I don't have to spend the whole afternoon on Sunday in front of the stove being antisocial.  All I will have to do is reheat the goods and cook the noodles, sides, and desserts.  Woohoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment