Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Monday, September 19, 2011

26 Feels so Good

I survived the epic journey of being 25 and have successfully crossed over into yet another year of life- 26.  I must admit, this birthday weekend was one of the most fun yet.  

Friday night I hung out with Ames, and we went over to Steve's house with Ryan and Nick.  It was great catching up with the Amy and Nick who have been on away rotations and magically happened to be in town near my birthday.  After they headed home, Steve and Ryan took me out in Costa Mesa to The Little Knight.  I might be able to say it is my new favorite dive bar.  Upon gaining entrance, I excused myself to the ladies room where three girls were deep in conversation about the woman on the toilet's boyfriend who was hitting on the other two girls' friend.  The girl using the commode was explaining that her son was home with his grandma and that her boyfriend was trying to pick up their friend and take her home to the house with him... the door was open the entire time.  And it turned out it was the girl's boyfriend, but not baby daddy.  Oh yes, there are some real characters at The Little Knight.  
You know you're "old" when in 3 days of birthday celebrating this is the only shot you take


Self-portrait before bowling


On Saturday my girlfriend, Carrie, came down from Manhattan Beach and brought with her flowers, a balloon, and cupcakes.  Not only is she a one-in-a-million friend, she is a great baker!  We met up with four of my friends and went bowling, followed by dinner at JT Schmid's.  I had been there once before, and I must say I was pleased by their menu yet again.  It's pretty much traditional bar food, but they have also got a great bar, and their happy birthday dessert was pretty yummy too.  After dinner, Steve and his brother were polite enough to host us at their house for a repeat of Friday night to ring in my official birthday.

Cupcakes, beer, college football (not pictured) and bowling- I am such an All-American Girl
Just before midnight, getting ready to kick off my official birthday
"Official" Birthday Picture
On Sunday morning, I woke up with a bit of laryngitis.  After opening my cards and gifts (thank you everyone) Carrie treated me to brunch at Taco Rosa (their Sunday Brunch is the best I think I've ever had!) and we headed to Fashion Island for some window shopping and to watch the 49er Game at the Yardhouse.  Sadly, my birthday lemon souffle arrived JUST as the Cowboys kicked their winning field goal in over time.  Can't win 'em all eh?

Carrie headed back up to Manhattan Beach after the game, and I waited for Sam's plane to arrive from Atlanta.  He and Sohrab had been delayed 2 hours prior to take-off and they looked a little exhausted.  I cued up "In Da Club" to play when we left the airport and we rolled home, where Sohrab picked up his car and Sam and I settled into the couch to watch U-571.  


1 comment:

  1. Shelly great! Those pics are excellent, have a delightful evening and fun! Cheers....


    Career Guidance

    ReplyDelete