Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fitness Frenzy

Here's the rundown on birthday gifts this year: the majority were fitness-related!  Yay!  You guys are getting the clue, you know I am becoming a fitness freak and you want help me on my journey!  

Sam is loving the bosu ball that I bought myself with the money Nonna & Papa gave me.  He enjoys balancing while squatting like Amanda taught me and I explained he can also do his arm  workout with free weights while balancing as well.  I am going to have to fight him for time on that bad boy.  He's a little less sure about the foam roller which is a GOD SEND now that my IT band is tightening up again.  

The tennis racquet from Sam was a huge success- we picked one up from Sports Chalet and took it to our local court.  I am happy to say I am not altogether horrible!  I certainly have a real lack of control with my returns, but as long as Sam isn't making me run all over the court I am pretty good at setting my feet, taking a step, and hitting the ball.  :-)  Yay Gianna!  Now I just need to practice, practice, practice!  Sam wants to work on backhands tomorrow, but I told him I think we should wait until I am consistent with my forehand.  Gotta walk before I can run!




1 comment:

  1. LOVE that you got Sam on the Bosu - see if he can flip it over and stand on the black side even!!!

    ReplyDelete