Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Game of Thrones

Sam is back- THANK YOU SWEET JESUS!  I try to make a point of regularly appreciating him, but when he is gone for a week it really makes me realize how much I rely on him.  Last week was stressful professionally and personally, and I would have really liked to have Sam's level head home to calm me.  Obviously, I did make it through the week, but Hunter and I were very happy when he returned.  

Unfortunately, Sam was returned to us in worse condition than he left us in and he said he was very happy to be home with us.  He's lost his voice, has a bit of an upset stomach, and seems to be suffering from general malaise.  I have gotten immersed in Game of Thrones on HBO, so we spent the day watching the first season on DVD.  We also had family nap time on the couch and took a trip to the store for supplies.  I am making Three Bean & Pork Chili in the crock pot for dinner.  Mmmmmm.  Tapioca pudding for dessert.  Mmmmmm.  I am very excited- it's one of my favorite crock pot recipes and I have been craving it for the last few days.  If only we'd bought bread bowls... next time!

Hunter seems to be over his ear infection, but I'm going to ask the vet to take a look in his ears when I drop him off to be fixed on Thursday.  And three cheers for sleeping through the night last night!  I think Sam was really pleased that we have him back on his schedule, although poor Sam was up a few times in the night himself.  He's been doing pretty well in his private obedience classes- Kate is such a genius!  We've been working on Hunter staying calm around large dogs; something he's had trouble with since being run-over by a Great Dane 5 weeks ago.  Yesterday, the German Shepherd rescue of OC was at Petsmart and we had the opportunity to let Hunter practice being calm.  The best part was that when we left, he actually was calm for me when I put to practice Kate's training.  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment