Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Neutered

I dropped Hunter off to be neutered earlier this morning.  Sam and I had gone back and forth on the subject for a while, but finally we decided the lowered risk of testicular cancer, the diminished urge to hump my leg (which started last weekend), and the low likelihood that we would be able to handle a litter of puppies even though I really would love a whole bunch of little Hunters running around at some point.

So he went to the vet and I went to Sherman Oaks in LA to meet with my Social Media Mentor, Raleigh and work on my company's social media plan.  I love our meetings.  Raleigh is such an authority on the subject of SM and she does a wonderful job teaching me the tricks of the trade.  I am hoping to extend our training sessions beyond the 6 we have contracted so that I can continue to work with her to launch our blog.

Right now we're cleaning up our existing SM platforms: Twitter first, then Facebook, and finally Linkedin (although it's not as important).  Then the blog.  And the blog will probably take a little more time to get going.  Right now, Raleigh gives me a book and a couple of handouts each time we meet so that I have things to work on at home and can come back to her with questions and make productive conversations.  She says I have a great voice in my writing (ironically I had many people tell me that while reading this blog, so I'm glad that is coming out in my work).

After my meeting (OMG we had the best lunch at Sweet Butter on Ventura Blvd), I headed back to OC and picked up the little puppy.  Unfortunately he was not doing so well and was screaming from the back office while I was up front trying to pay my bill.  I carefully tried to get him settled in, but every time his incision bothered him we had another round of screaming.  I ended up having to take him with me to our friends' housewarming party (where Sam met us) where he sat on my lap the whole night without moving.

Sam even decided we could let him sleep in bed with us tonight, so without further adieu I better join them!

No comments:

Post a Comment