Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mint

Sam joined Mint.com a while ago, and he has been... suggesting... I join for some time as well.  I finally broke down and did last week.  So far I'm setting up budgets and getting a handle on the way things work.  It's odd because I pay most of my bills in the beginning of the month but this month I won't be getting paid until next Wednesday and again two weeks from now.  This means I am likely to have a negative balance most of the month.  Awesome!  Not that I'm someone who really worries about these kinds of things, but I guess it would be nice to see less RED and more GREEN on my freaking screen.


The nice thing is that it got me to sign up and enroll with Smith Barney so that I can actually view my account with them.  Prior to this I have been incredibly hands-off with my finances... I mean really that account isn't something I really think about.   And that is a pretty negligent thing, because that is where I am supposed to be managing my retirement (which at this point is really quite pathetic) and my life savings.  Ooops.  I guess it's time to start thinking about these things a little more now that I'm trying to be an adult.  


Growing up isn't what I thought it would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment