Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Puppy Teeth

Tonight, I feel like the worst Mom ever.  We went to puppy class and Kate, our incredible trainer, mentioned that we should start practicing brushing Hunter's teeth.  So Sam and I purchased a tube of Dog Toothpaste and a Finger Tip Brush-to-Toothbrush converter.  

We got home, took Hunter to the bathroom, and after we brushed our own teeth, we sat down with Hunter and the Finger Tip Brush.  I put a little toothpaste on the end and held it up for him.  He did NOT want me to put it in his mouth, probably because we had been pulling up his lips to check out an incredibly loose tooth in the front of his mouth.  The little guy handled the brush going all the way to the back of his molars, and I figured I would just brush (in one stroke) back to the front.  Unfortunately, Sam and I had not anticipated that Hunter would have any loose molars.  The little guy yelped, I pulled my finger out, and a molar popped out of his mouth and onto our bathroom rug.  Hunter cried, I got teary eyed, and Sam spent a few minutes consoling the both of us.  Dear God.

Then Hunter ran into his crate, picture below, and refused to come back out.  Cue the tugging on my heart strings.

No comments:

Post a Comment