Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Missing Diamonds

Yesterday, I stayed home from work with a terrible migraine. This was one of the worst I have had in a long while. I didn't even manage to make a productive staying home day of it, and only accomplished one of my laundry list of to-do items. 

On Sunday when I made my meals for the week, I considered taking off my rings and leaving them safely in my bedroom the way Margaux does when she cooks. I ended up deciding not to, because I didn't want to risk losing one of them or having them stolen if I forgot to put them back on. 

Unfortunately, at some point during the fried rice, moo shu turkey and red curry, one of the bigger side diamonds next to my center stone fell out of my band. Major bummer. 

I was able to call the jeweler yesterday, who said he would fix it right up for me, and I dragged myself to the post office to ship it off. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the stone despite Sam and I looking - I assume it's in the disposal or the trash.

Our jeweler, like many, has a policy that if you take your jewelry in at least once every 12 months to have him check the prongs, all stones that fall out will be replaced. I am hoping that is truly the case, but I should know shortly because the ring is due to arrive prior to 3 p.m. today. Here's to hoping that's not just a marketing gimmick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment