Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Resolutions

I have mixed emotions about New Years Resolutions. They can be very powerful and motivating when they are focused on, and yet, they can also be a list of broken promises to ones self. With that in mind, I have a few for 2015:
  1. Make fitness a priority - this is my go-to resolution, but I am serious about making 2015 the year that I get back into shape and find a healthy balance between my personal and professional health. I have already signed back up for Kaia FIT and will be starting the first BRIK session of 2015 on Monday. Too long have I made emotionally driven choices about my diet and exercise regime, and it's long past time to get down to business. 
  2. Be more financially mindful - marrying Sam has brought to light our differing strategies about finances. Let me be completely honest, he is far more financially minded than I am, and he has much better financial self-discipline. I am looking forward to strategizing with him in the coming months so that I, too, can be more financially responsible. 
  3. Read more - I love to read for pleasure and to sharpen my skills, but I don't often make time for it the way I should. This year, I'd like to cross a few books off of my "To Read" list.
  4. Write more - Be it professionally or personally, I derive great pleasure from writing. Sam keeps encouraging me to write the next great American novel, which I may pursue at some point in the upcoming months. My goal is to blog, journal, creative and professionally write every day. Sometimes it can be a challenge to come home from drafting copy for clients and emerse myself in my own writing projects, but I am going to make an effort to do so every day, even if it's just a few short sentences. 
In closing, I will share this fabulous quote that a friend posted on Facebook last night: 

"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.

Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.

So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.

Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.

Make your mistakes, next year and forever." - Neil Gaiman

1 comment: