Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Wedding Planning Update

So, wedding planning has kind of taken over our lives lately.  I suppose that's to be expected, but it still amazes me all the details that have to be taken care of.

Sam keeps telling me that I'm planning so far in advance, but the reality is I am focused on getting the big contracts out of the way so that we can focus on the little details like our DJ's playlist, the lighting we want during the reception, ceremony specifics like readings and vows.

Things we've already booked:

  1. Florist
  2. Photographer
  3. Videographer
  4. Venue
  5. DJ/Emcee/Lighting
  6. Officiant
  7. Hotels for Guests
Things we still have to decide or finalize:
  1. Cake (tastings and final selection)
  2. Live music (ceremony and cocktails)
  3. Menu (tastings and final selection)
  4. Bridal party attire
  5. Wedding Dress (purchase)
  6. Invitations (order)
  7. Rehearsal 
We already picked out the invitations, we just need to go in and officially order them once we have our menu items selected.  We need to set up a time to do our menu tastings, but that's all part of the venue so I'm not super stressed about that.  I think I picked out my wedding dress, and I'm planning on ordering it in December when I'm in NorCal, but I have an appointment down here to try on dresses with Jackie in two weeks.  We're also hopefully going to pick out the bridesmaids dresses during her visit.  

The cake is the last of the big stuff that needs to be taken care of.  So we need to make some appointments to do some tastings at different bakeries.  If we don't find live music, our DJ can handle the ceremony and venue does live music on their patio which is just below our cocktail balcony.  So that's not really crucial to the wedding happening.

I am just so excited to start our marriage and become Sam's wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment