Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Zombie Apocalypse on I-5

So this Sunday we drove back from NorCal where we had been for Dan & Tina's wedding.  Sam, Steve, Hunter and I made the road trip together, and boy was it a shitty drive back to Orange County.

Somewhere just after Buttonwillow, we got stuck in heinous traffic.  It was so bad we ended up pulling off the freeway and to the Chevron station.  I had to use the rest room so badly, and you would not believe it, but the stupid girls working shut the bathrooms down.  WTF!? Who does that?!  To say I was unhappy would be a serious understatement!

It was like a zombie apocalypse trying to get out of there.  The cars were coming over the curbs to get into the gas station.  People were streaming into the mini mart as if they were fleeing a herd of starving, blood thirsty undead.

I was dying.  We hopped in the car and drove to the opposite side of the freeway.  There we encountered a line 25 ladies long.  It was completely ridiculous.  We did use the time to stock up on snack supplies like corn nuts, starburst, some cool soda candy Steve found and other junk.

We left I-5 and headed for highway 99 to continue on our way over the grapevine.  On the way, we passed a Sonic and stopped to use the bathrooms.  Oh sweet baby Jesus, what a relief!!!

So we continued our journey South and once we got up into the grapevine we were surprised to find a huge patch of scorched land with patches of flames still burning.  Well, okay then, good reason for the backup.

By the time Sam and I dropped Steve off, and finally made it home it was 8 hours since we left my parents' house.  Oy.  Needless to say, it was good to have friends making the trip with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment