Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Rain

Yesterday was humid.  Very humid.  I was not surprised in the least when, to my delight, it started raining on my drive home.  It rained again when we walked Hunter in the evening.

This morning, when I woke up, it was overcast and the air was heavy - indicators that it's likely to be rainy.  Sure enough, as I lay in bed checking the weather, I noticed that we were supposed to get showers.

When Hunter and I walked this morning it started raining, and it rained my whole drive to work.  So much for the carwash I got after our road trip last weekend!  

I love a good summer rain storm.  It smells so good on the warm asphalt.  It sounds so nice coming down on the leaves and trickling down the side of the building.

It reminds me of being home in Northern California.

No comments:

Post a Comment