Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

So Sam and I get very behind on movies... like really embarrassingly behind.

This weekend we finally watched The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.  Yeah, yeah, we know that it came out 7 months ago.  Like I said, we have a tough time getting to the movies.

It was incredible- I couldn't believe how amazing the movie was.  The effects, the characters, the scenes... wow.  What a great job they did.  I am sure they built a lot from the Fellowship of the Ring trilogy but wow they stepped it up a lot.

The only disappointing part was when Sam said, "I can't believe they turned this into a 6 hour story."  It was then that I remembered we were NOT going to get to the end of the story today.  We weren't even going to get halfway through the story!  I mean I guess the nice part is that we're only about 5 months from the release of the second installment, The Desolation of Smaug.  Life's all about finding the silver linings right?

Anyway, watching the movie brought back lots of memories from my childhood of watching the animated version of the story.  Sam couldn't believe that I haven't ever read the books despite my  voracious appetite for fantastical fiction.  So I think I'm going to break down and buy the nook book for some summer reading.  I mean I LOVE A Song of Ice and Fire and I think it's very safe to assume that Martin used Tolkien as his inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment