Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Monday, October 22, 2012

NLCS Game 7

Hunter and I are deeply focused on NLCS Game 7 tonight and as I start this post, we are in the bottom of the 6th with San Francisco leading Arizona 7-0.  In history, the greatest comeback in game 7 is 4 runs, which has only happened twice in history.  Odds are in our favor.  Also, only once has a Game 6 winner failed to win Game 7 at home, the Mets lost game 7 to the Cardinals.

We are also baking... yes, I am sharing some pumpkin muffins with Hunter as I wait for Sam to get home to make our Chicken Taco Salad.

Last night when we got home from San Diego (post to follow with a weekend recap) Sam really wanted me to make him a batch of Nonna's pumpkin bread, which I have turned into a helluva lot of pumpkin muffins and a loaf or two.  The recipe calls for +5 cups flour, and +4 cups sugar... it makes a helluva lot of pumpkin yumminess.  The weather has finally cooled off and I think Sam is starting to feel the holiday spirit creeping into the air.  Granted, I did decorate for Fall just before October, but it was 100 degrees last week!

I will say this, I had intended to start Harry Potter Book 4 tonight (I am rereading the series since I bought myself all the books for my birthday) and this game has me completely enthralled.  GO GIANTS.


My Dad is actually at this game tonight at AT&T Park.  Boy, does that make me miss living in the Bay Area.  My sports teams are all up there, no football or baseball love happens down in Orange County.

It's nice to have Mom on the phone though, we've been calling back and forth throughout this amazing game!  Who could believe the amazing bottom of the 4th inning where the Giants scored and scored and scored?

Baseball isn't my sport, don't get me wrong.  There are too many games to follow and the season seems never-ending.  But, that said, I do love the Giants and I really love #OrangeOctober because baseball playoffs are a thing of beauty.  For all the Torture Baseball Fans out there: Don't stop believing!

No comments:

Post a Comment