Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Go Gauchos!

This was another very fun weekend.  My grandparents drove down from NorCal to watch my cousin Ali play volleyball for UCSB against UCI on Friday and CSULB on Saturday.  I arrived early to work on Friday morning and skipped my lunch so that I could leave early and spend as much time with my grandparents as possible.

We grabbed sandwiches at Boudin SF on our way to her game at UCI.  Sam timed everything perfectly and met us at will-call where Ali had put us on the Pass List and given us VIP tickets.  Inside the gym, we found Auntie Lori.  She had flown in from Hawaii on short notice when she didn't have to announce the UH college football game.  It was REALLY good having her with us because I have very limited volleyball knowledge.

Saturday, we walked Hunter to Einstein Bros Bagels for breakfast and then went grocery shopping.  The beautiful thing about having my family stay with us is they usually treat us to grocery shopping.  :-)  So off to Whole Foods we went and picked up some lunch items as well as a litany of items for me to make Weight Watchers meals this week.  WOOHOO! 

Saturday afternoon we headed up to Long Beach and met Lori for dinner at the Crooked Duck- which was FAR better than we had imagined.  I brought along a Boudin sando for Ali to munch on after the game when the team drove back up to SB since she wouldn't be stopping for dinner. 

Sadly, the team lost both matches, but it was really good to watch Ali play regardless of the outcome of the games.  I could not be more proud of her! 

Sunday morning, we repeated our breakfast routine before Hunter and I went to his very last Therapy Dog training class.  Do I think he could be a great therapy dog?  Yes, someday.  But he's currently too much of a puppy and has unpredictable ADHD.

We came back to the apartment and watched the end of the 49 defeat in Minnesota before Nona and Papa hit the road and headed home.  Sam got back from being on call and was so exhausted he passed out on the floor from 5-9 PM, only waking up when I told him he should go hop under the covers and call it a night.  The poor guy has to take call again tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment