Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Birthday Weekend

This weekend has been a great start to my birthday week...

Friday
Sam and I went to dinner and karaoke with the first couple we made friends with here in Orange County.  These two friends have been through the ups and downs of medical school, residency (so far), and our relationship.  I cannot express how thankful I am to have these friends in my life.

While we were together, I was finally able to open up about the health issues I have been dealing with this month.  It was really good to have the support of friends.  And after a few glasses of wine and cocktails, I hopped up on stage and sang some karaoke.

Saturday
Sam and I met up with another couple, definitely keepers, for drinks and dinner and barhopping.  She had secretly baked cupcakes for my birthday and snuck them into the restaurant we were eating at so that it was a big surprise after dinner when the waitress came out.  So amazingly sweet!  Kevin, our friend and Sam's housemate at UCSB, happened to be in town and joined us for the post-dinner drinking portion of the evening.  It was very fun all-around.

Sunday
We hosted a very low-key dinner and watched the 49ers beat the Lions.  Who could ask for a better birthday week kick-off?

No comments:

Post a Comment