Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Procrastination

I really didn't want to work this weekend.  I mean, I did mentally, but emotionally I was just not having any of it.  The whole marketing strategy I wanted to write up for work hardly even entered my mind.  Then there was my homework 3 chapters to re-read for a quiz, 2 assignments to write and submit, and a forum posting.  Oh joy.

Friday night, Sam was on-call overnight.  One would think that would have been a good time for me to buckle down and get after my school work.  Yes, yes it would have been.  Instead, Hunter and I watched Gladiator while I finished (finally) scrap-booking the second half of our epic Southeast Asia Vacation from May 2011.  It only took me a year to complete, but hey, at least it's done!  I didn't get to start on Sam's graduation photos because I ran out of rubber cement and I don't have any cute grad stickers to decorate the pages yet.

Saturday morning I meant to get up and hit the gym, then slept in until 10 AM istead.  Boy did that feel great.  I tried to talk myself into studying, but since Kevin was coming and possibly spending the night, I ended up cleaning the guest room so that it was ready for company after Ryan's stint as a 2 night a week roommate over the last month and a half.  Oops.  Then Hunter and I went to Puppy Class and rushed home to meet the Cable Guy... who was an hour late.  Luckily we did get to see Sam and Kevin while we waited for him to come and install our new cable.  And after that, we met up with some of Sam's fellow residents at a small BBQ- first time meeting them!  We came a little late to eat, and headed out to dinner after about an hour of socializing.  It was fun!

Today, I woke up at 8 and thought I should get a jump start on the homework I had put off.  Jackie was supposed to FaceTime me and catch me up on her wedding dress shopping adventures of Saturday.  Unfortunately, some mishaps occurred and she couldn't.  Really unfortunately, I got sucked into A Game of Thrones Season 2... there went 2 hours of my morning.  Then it was time to get to Hunter's private lesson with Kate, and when we were done I desperately needed to get my car washed- last weekend's crazy weather had made me postpone the chore, but it was LONG overdue and the rain only made things worse.  On our way home we had to stop at CVS and pick up a prescription, so what should have been an hour event (training) turned into a 3 hour journey.  Oops.  I was so happy to have TV that I turned on Harry Potter 7 as background entertainment while I read... except that I love that movie so much I kept getting distracted.  And then Kevin stopped by on his way out of town, and I ended up starting HP 8 to finish out the series.  By that point I had re-read the first two chapters and done one assignment and posted to the forum- yay!  I turned the channel to Ice Road Truckers, and managed to read the final chapter.  Woohoo!  Unfortunately the quiz was malfunctioning so I did my last assignment and decided to call it a night.   Please remind me not to procrastinate in the future- it really sucks.

Or so I thought.  I had been drinking iced tea (black chai) all afternoon to stay alert during my reading and now I am totally amped up.  Oops major.  I have done all of our laundry, reorganized Sam's t-shirt drawer which was overflowing until I hung up some of the shirts.  I decided to shower tonight rather than tomorrow morning, and I have now spent 25 minutes catching up on blogs I follow and writing this post.  Hunter has been dozing off and on since 8PM... he clearly wants to know what the heck we're doing up past 10 on a Sunday night.  Believe me, puppy, I am not happy about it either.

To make matters worse, it was REALLY hot in our bedroom and so I had to open the windows 100% and point the fan outside instead of letting it oscillate pointing inside.  The latter provides more white noise and (I am convinced) blocks out the sounds of the road and other dogs better, which helps Hunter sleep through the night.  Anyway, I better get off this thing and get to bed.

Last but not least: HAPPY 79th BIRTHDAY to PAPA SANTI!  I am incredibly blessed to have had two wonderful grandfathers, one of whom is still able to spoil me rotten.  Papa Santi is a wonderful man who would do anything to make his grandkids happy- Hunter and I made sure to give him a call and let him know we love him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment