Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lazy Sunday

Life's little pleasures: sleeping in until 8:45 with Sam.  Also, the 49ers beating the Raiders last night, even it was preseason.  And filet mignon.  Oh yeah, filet mignon.  

Yesterday, Sam got home from work and we had a lovely lunch while watching Battle: Los Angeles which was much better than I expected it to be.  Then we met up with Ryan Simarro and Erik at the Hilton Waterfront in Huntington Beach where they were celebrating one of Erik's friend's birthday.  After watching the end of the 9er game at Spark Woodfire Grill- cue the filet, we met up with Seany D, Ryan Quigley, Jen, Steve and Alicia to head to La Cave- an old restaurant/bar in Costa Mesa where the Rat Pack used to have dinner several nights of the week when they were all living in Orange County.  Sam and I have been there for dinner before, but not to have drinks at the bar.  I was DD-ing so I abstained from drinking and made sure all my lovely friends made it home, some in slightly more sober shape than others.  :-)

After making Sam a bowl of pasta and spicy sauce to help him sober up, and giving him a LARGE glass of water, we finally made it to bed at 3am.  I think that was EASILY my latest night in a loooooong time.  

Upside to being up so late?  We got to SLEEP IN!  This never happens thanks to our incredibly prompt internal alarms!  I actually have to draw the shades (we usually have our blinds and windows open at night) so that we can make it past 7:30.  

Now we're laying on the couch, hanging out, watching "Life As We Know It" and seriously enjoying not having to be anywhere or do anything.  So, here's to the little things in life.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment