Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Monday, August 1, 2011

The Ladies of LA

Yesterday afternoon I had the pleasure of attending Margaux's White Trash Bash in LA.  She invited her sister, and several girlfriends whom I just LOVED meeting.  I made my Aunt Kathy's version of Grandma Marie's Blue Cheese Ball to bring up to the party, and I picked out a Cranberry Champagne Punch recipe from one of my party drink books.  Both of them were a huge hit!  

We had such a great afternoon.  I had met Ingrid last summer in Laguna Beach when Pete and Margaux invited she and her husband down from LA to spend an afternoon at the beach.  She's a hoot and dressed the "white trash" part for the party- something I hadn't been ballsy enough to do.  :-)  Susan was really sweet and she sat next to me the majority of the afternoon.  I've heard about Sylvia because she was with Margaux the night that Pete gave Margaux his number, so it was great to finally meet her as well.  I couldn't believe how amazing she looks and she told me she's 80 years old!  My goodness she doesn't look a day over 70!  I hadn't seen Corinne, Margaux's sister, since she came up to Northern California several Thanksgivings ago when I was in college.  She looked great, and it was wonderful to catch up with her and hear how her son, Patrick is doing these days.  There were two other ladies there whose names I've forgotten, but they were very nice and it's too bad they had to leave earlier.  

Pete and Margaux left this morning for Mexico City where Pete is attending a conference this week.  She was very kind and cleaned out their fridge with all kinds of great treats for Sam and I to munch on this week.  Needless to say, Sam was very excited to help me unload the car when I got home last night!  

In other exciting news- in 10 weeks Sam and I will be in Chile visiting his brother!  This will be our 6th country this year... quite the world traveling couple, aren't we?  We're meeting Sam's parents in Santiago where Justin's staying and we'll be there for a week (Sam only gets 7 days off at a time this year) after which Sue and Rich are going to spend another week traveling the country. Very cool stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment