Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

In the Hands of the Ortho Gods

Sam certified his residency program Rank List today.  This means his ranked order of orthopedics programs has been submitted to the 2011 Match, and his fate is in the hands of the orthopedic surgery Gods.  Of course, it's really my fate is too, but I like to remove myself from the equation for the sake of my sanity.

I have tried very hard to remain neutral during the whole medical school process- I feel I am incredibly unqualified to make decisions which will hugely affect Sam's career- but I have always been honest about wanting to stay in California where we are closer to our family and friends.  Aside from those selfish feelings, I firmly believe Sam should rank programs according to where he wants to go and what is best for him.  My thinking  is based on easy math, people:

The happier Sam is at work = the happier Sam is at home = the easier Sam is to live with.

Luckily for me, after all Sam's thinking, his top 3 residency programs are all in California!  Hopefully we will match to one of the top two. Fingers crossed! If not, life will go on, possibly with a whole new wardrobe fit for cold, snowy winters.

No comments:

Post a Comment