Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Beginning of the End

I have gotten really interested in blogs lately.  I like to read blogs from people I know as well as strangers.  I enjoy hearing about and seeing photos from my friend's vacations as they trek through Southeast Asia and live abroad in New Zealand, or move across the country as newlyweds.


I never thought I would blog myself, because what do I have to say that is of importance?  I definitely believe my generation is very much self-obsessed and absorbed.  But I also wanted to keep in touch with family and friends through this very exciting (read: stressful) residency match process, as well as while on vacation in May, and during the process of moving to a location TBD after Sam's graduation in June.


My girlfriend who blogged her Southeast Asian vacation also told me that blogging is a great way of keeping record of what you've done.  It's fun to go back and re-read your posts and see the comments your friends posted.  As an obsessive scrap booker and journal writer, this really appeals to me.  I can share my thoughts and experiences with all those people who care to read them easily and quickly while making a record for myself to enjoy years from now when I'm more calm and collected and removed from the whirlwind that will be the next 4 months.


Getting ready to find out where Sam has matched for residency (aka where we are moving in June) the lyrics, "I need a change from this burn out scene, another time, another town, another everything," keep running through my head.  I've realized that when it comes to major life changes I only have senioritis for so long before I get into planning mode.  Unfortunately Sam is a chronic sufferer of senioritis and he will probably be feeling it well after he has transitioned into his residency.  Right now, I'm starting to panic and want to secure housing, employment, a social network, etc.  I'm trying to remind myself to live in the here and now, but it's easy to get overwhelmed by the thought of possibly buying a house, and a new car, and not having a secure job.


Most of the time, I feel like I'm finally ready to face the world and whatever it may bring me.  Other times, not knowing where we are going to be is killing me.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you started this blog. I think I was one half of the newlywed couple you referenced, eh? Look forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the song says.."Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing is gonna be all right" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ladies are great! I am so happy you joined the Burkhart
    Family because I cannot imagine better cousin-in-laws!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes these wrong turns are sweet mysteries
    Sometimes they take us where we’re meant to be
    I love this feeling of freedom running through my veins
    Been too long at the crossroads
    waiting for the light to change
    Even if it takes forever and I never find out where it goes
    Heaven knows
    I love this road

    ReplyDelete