Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Monday, February 16, 2015

First Freelance Client

It really is a small world, a point that was proven yet again as I set out on my own to provide freelance digital and social media marketing support to brands that needed help improving their online presence and performance.

In the days leading up to my departure from the marketing & public relations agency, I saw on Facebook that a friend from my hometown was looking for digital and social media marketing support for her two fledgling companies. I considered it over the weekend and figured I had nothing to lose, so I sent her my resume and some examples of my work.

Sure enough, we set up a time to Skype the week I left the agency and 11 days after striking out on my own, I officially landed my first client. Woohoo! 

I've formed Top Shelf Digital & Social Media Marketing LLC and am working on personal branding as well as work for my inaugural client. Hopefully this is the first of many wonderful business relationships! 



No comments:

Post a Comment