Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Creating a Digital Portfolio

I have long avoided creating a digital portfolio. I didn't want another digital platform to manage and maintain, being that I'm a perfectionist and doing something half-way isn't an option for me.

The time and energy held me back for quite a while, and I even opted to create a PowerPoint PDF portfolio when I decided to launch Top Shelf Digital Marketing. It took me two pitches to realize that I wasn't doing myself or my new brand justice, and I called upon the expertise of a dear friend.

This friend, one of my housemates in college, recently launched a digital portfolio which she used (in addition to her remarkably quick wit and superior copywriting skills) to land a job at Big Spaceship in New York City known for its work with Google, Lucas Films Ltd., and 20th Century Fox among a long list of seriously impressive global brands.

I signed up with Squarespace, which was the same platform my elite copywriting maven used, and voila, I had my very own pretty cool looking digital portfolio. Of course, I'm already guilty of revising and rewriting the content of my digital portfolio as per my own set of guidelines culled from several digital portfolio blogs. As a self-aware perfectionist, I expect this to be a constantly evolving web presence, something fluid that changes to reflect new projects and client work as I go forward in my career. And that's okay. It's a helluva lot better than doing nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment