Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Trip to NorCal

I was MIA last week because Hunter and I went up to NorCal to visit my family while Sam was in Mammoth for a convention and San Diego for a bachelor party.

Our family is incredibly tight-knit and I'm lucky to have a close relationship with my parents and grandparents as well as my aunts, uncles and cousins.

Last week, Dad and I were supposed to go skiing, but the weather has been so warm the Sierra Nevada mountains are struggling to keep their ski lifts open. We decided to stay in Lamorinda and conduct Spring Training for the softball team I've joined. I also figured out that Mom and Dad have wireless internet, which made working from their house so much easier! I also showed them the magic of FaceTime with Carina and I think they enjoyed that, too.

I spent last Wednesday with my grandparents fixing a few of their technological issues and sharing book recommendations. We all went out to dinner in San Francisco to my favorite Italian restaurant to celebrate Nonna's birthday (which was yesterday).

It's times like these that I'm sad we don't live in closer proximity to our families, although, I realize that would require even more juggling of time and priorities than we have to do now. One thing is for sure, if we move to the East Coast for Sam's fellowship year I will definitely miss being able to drive 'home' to visit my amazing family.

No comments:

Post a Comment