Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Dance Lessons

Sam and I are taking a few dance lessons before the wedding not only improve our first dance skills, but also as a fun, date night activity.  We started out with the Waltz, but it turns out we are more Tango people... considering that it's a fiery, passionate dance and we're fiery, passionate people, that may not come as a surprise to many of our friends and family.  Also, it turns out that ballroom dancing is not for sissies.

Within 10 minutes of starting our first lesson, the dance instructor said to me, "You're seeming to have trouble following Sam's lead."  She couldn't have hit the nail more squarely on the head with that.

Not only do I feel as though I have two left feet, I cannot seem to get the lead and follow quite right let along the arm positions and constant, lightly applied pressure on his hand.  Granted, this is just our first lesson, but I can't help wondering how much we'll improve (realistically) over the next 11 weeks before the wedding.

I suppose I'll just have to keep practicing and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment