Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Hunter Hiking

More like Hunter whining the whole time and begging to be carried while Sam rued the day he let me get a puppy.

Sam and I have been suffering from a run of bad luck.  On Saturday afternoon the pilot light on our water heater went out.  I am a pretty savvy lady, but couldn't get it to light.  We called the maintenance guy, and had to get out of the house with the puppy (since our leasing company doesn't know we have a dog).

Sam wanted to take the Top of the World hike in Laguna Beach, which was beautiful, but we hadn't packed any water, went at noon, and we are in the middle of a serious heat-wave.  As a type this at nearly 11 PM I am sitting here baking alive.  Needless to say it was a little painful.

Hunter was acting strangely all afternoon, and after a cold shower- the pilot light was evidently NOT fixed, he had diarrhea all over the carpet.  Wonderful, puppy.  I felt badly for him, he was obviously unable to get comfortable, wasn't eating, and seemed pretty miserable.

He and I went and laid down in the bedroom while Sam supervised the replacement of a part on the water heater at 9 PM last night.  Woohoo!  Back to having hot water showers!

Then, this morning, Sam's car wouldn't start.  This has been an on-going issue in the evenings over the course of the last 8 days but now it is affecting my sleeping in!  Hunter and I went to drop off our surgeon at the hospital and then finished getting ready for the day.

This afternoon, Sam decided to get off early to try to take the car to be fixed at the dealership.  Lucky me, that meant that after running late to work, I had to leave at 4:30 to fight commute traffic and pick Sam up from the hospital.  We got the car to the dealership to find out they currently have no loaner vehicles.  What?!?  That sucks!  So now, I am getting up at 4:30 to take Sam to work and will be missing out on a KISS concert tomorrow night to pick him up.  Bummer.

To top it off, this evening I went to log in and take the quiz for my online class and it was closed.  So much for believing my classmate who told me that the deadlines didn't actually mean anything.  I put a call into my instructor and left her a voicemail explaining that I would like to take it online, or via email, if possible rather than take a zero score.  Even if I do take a zero I will end up with an 87% going into the final project.  Not a huge concern, but annoying all the same because I've only missed 20 points so far in the course.

C'est la vie.  I'm trying to roll with the punches and not get too bent out of shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment