Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Housewifing Continued

So, fresh from my Chicago trip I found out yesterday that the job opportunity I was crossing my fingers for is not going to work out.  The company has decided to put their hiring process on hold until (possibly) the 4th quarter of this year. They think I am a good candidate for the position and said they will be in touch as they resume their search.  

That's great, but I can't put my career on hold for 3-6 months just because I might get a job.  Not going to happen.  I hopped on Monster.com and found several potential marketing positions that I could see myself enjoying and have been firing off cover letters and resumes.  I decided to post my resume as well so that I can cast a wider net and possibly interest some companies who might be searching for candidates in addition to those companies I choose to send my information to.  I have also reached out to former co-workers and asked them to pass my resume on to anyone they might know in the marketing field.  I am trying to take advantage of any possible way to get my foot in the door and get myself a marketing job.  

I hate the job searching process!  It is tough to be perpetually dejected and it's also tough to stay motivated.  After two days of this I am already feeling tired and lonely.  I know remember what drove me to temp when I came down here four years ago- boredom and loneliness!  It looks like Sam's worst fears are unfounded- I do want to have a job rather than be a housewife!  The only two awesome things about it are that I get to sleep in (which by the way I naturally wake up around 7:30 so I'm not even really talking about late) and work out whatever time I want to.  

Alright, break time is over.  I'm going to make some yummy Moo Shu Turkey stir-fry and some brown rice, and then get back at it and apply to one last job tonight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment