Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Real "Housewife" of Orange County

This morning, I finished the last of the things on my To-Do-Before-Work-Starts-Again list.  (Passport renewal, returning the keys to our old apartment, and buying new running shoes.) Now I'm sitting here contemplating a (potential) future career in marketing and trying to figure out how I can make my job more than a daily to-do list of items needing crossed off.  

I think today is the first time since I resigned in April that I feel weird about not having a job.  Maybe that was because I was at the mall in the middle of the day on Thursday, or because I finally had a few minutes to myself where I wasn't running around trying to do errands.  Until now it felt like Sam and I were on our final summer break, but last night he told me he saved a patient's life and that got me thinking.  

What did I do yesterday?  I picked up the photos from our vacation that I ordered, took them to Aaron Brothers, had them matted and framed, came home, and hung them all.  I bought Sam insoles and cut them to fit his work shoes.  I did laundry and washed the dishes.  I worked on some hotels for my trip out to Chicago next week.  Yes, these are important things, they certainly were time consuming, and I definitely felt accomplished when I crossed them off my to-do list... but I think I am ready to tackle a new challenge in life.  

If nothing else, in the last 10 days I learned that if I am going to run around all day I want to get a paycheck for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment