Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Cooking Class

I decided to take myself up on something I'd been thinking about for a while... a cooking class.  Sam and I have a lot of baking stuff on our registry and I would like to be able to make a really nice-looking cake to go with all of my awesome entrees (lasagna, stir fry, spaghetti and meatballs, salmon, etc.)

So I went ahead and signed myself up on a weekend he'll be out of town for a conference.  Just a little ME time.... and if I can come even remotely close to pulling off the magnificence that is pictured on the sign up page I will be THRILLED.  Ta-da!


Luscious Layer Cakes

What You Will Learn

Who can resist a decadent cake featuring layers of delicious frosting? Not us, that's for sure! Join our hands-on class as we cover the basics of cake making, from preparing perfect batter to proper layering techniques. Our instructor will show you simple steps for making incredible mousses and frostings from scratch. Plus, we'll share the surprisingly easy secrets for making ombre cakes, one of the culinary world's hottest trends. Prepare to wow friends and family at your next celebration.


What To Expect:

Great cooking isn't about recipes—it's about techniques. In our classes you'll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
  • Learn fundamental skills for a lifetime of great cooking
  • Work side-by-side with other students to prepare each dish
  • Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
  • Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above, and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish
  • Held in our professional teaching kitchens, each class is led by an experienced chef instructor
  • Hands-on classes are limited to 16 participants
  • Students receive a 10% discount coupon to use the week after the class

No comments:

Post a Comment