Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Loving my Puppy

It seems that Sam has been on call every other night since I've been back from New Orleans, which has left me with quite a bit of free time.  Once the laundry has been done, the floors vacuumed, and the surfaces tidied there isn't so much to be done.  So tonight finds Hunter and I sitting on the couch watching some of the 3rd season of Downton Abbey- OMG I can't believe Sybil died and I really hope Tom and Matthew end up running the estate together!

I have to admit, Sam was smart to have given in to getting the puppy last January.  He is quite settled into our routine now, and he's so well trained (for the most part).  Hunter took to me almost immediately, that first night he was here he was so frightened and those first 4 days he spent most of his time snuggling with me.  The relationship between he and Sam was much slower to blossom, but when I came back from Michelle's graduation last June I found they were fast friends.  :-) Every night without fail, Hunter runs to the door when Sam comes home, squealing for joy and waiting for as much love as possible.  It's even more of a show when Sam has been on call, Hunter just fawns all over him. 

It's not exactly the same as how he is beside himself when I come in, but it's so sweet all the same.  He snuggles with me every night- either under the covers, between Sam and I, or on my pillow so that his head rests upon my shoulder.  He is just absolutely the most precious puppy.  As I type this, he is nestled beside me with his head in my lap.  I am absolutely Hunter's mommy, he comes to me when he wants to be coddled and loved and snuggled.  He comes to me when he get spooked and when he's cranky and tired.  

And even though the weight of his care falls on my shoulders, I bear it gladly.  He is the perfect little companion.  And I am so thankful to Sam for making this all possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment