Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Up All Night

Last night, Hunter woke up in the middle of the night (which he did Tuesday & Wednesday as well).  I had Sam take him to get a drink of water, but Hunter wouldn't relax and go back to bed.  Perhaps it was because he had too much energy- we didn't have time to give him his walk Thursday night, and I had slacked on Wednesday because we had our private puppy lesson.  In any case, I asked Sam to take him out to go potty, and 45 minutes into the not-going-back-to-sleep fun, Sam took him out. 

Hunter came back in and still wouldn't settle down.  So we left him to play on the floor at the foot of our bed.  Suddenly, he goes completely berzerk.  He starts barking like he has never barked before, comes tearing around the corner of the bed to me, and then frantically tries to claw his way out of my arms as I try to console him.  When we offered him his bone (he chews his Orka bone every night before bed) he backed away as if he'd never seen it before. 
We tried to get him to lay down, but he kept going to the end of the bed and barking.  After 30 minutes of him being a complete mess, I took him out to the couch and we got 2 hours of sleep before finally getting back into bed.

Needless to say, I am pooped today and headed home early from the office.  Time for a nap!  And please keep your fingers crossed that this was a one-time thing!

2 comments:

  1. Sparty does weird things like that from time to time - must be a dog thing we'll never understand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's pretty far and few between that we have nights like that... Sam was about ready to throw him out on the porch for the rest of the night. LOL At least I know that we can snuggle and sleep on the couch if need be.

    ReplyDelete