Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Thursday, October 16, 2014

I'm a Wife!

Two months ago, on August 16, Sam and I tied the knot.

It's odd, because on one hand, nothing has changed between us.  On the other, everything in my life seems just a bit different.

It has taken some getting used to, but I'm finally remembering to use my new last name when I'm on the phone at work.  I still need to switch over my voicemail on my cell phone... something to do this week I suppose.  I did send out a mass email with my new gmail account honoring my name change.  I'm still using my original email too, but I figured it was best to start using the other moving forward.

Sam and I have been having much more serious conversations about finances, and he has some ideas about how I can do a better job of saving money.  At first I rebelled against his advice, but then I realized that he is far more interested in money management than I am, and he's taking the time to research solutions and advise me.

Sam put me on his healthcare at work... so I am now officially a dependent spouse.

I also notice that my family has taken to calling me Mrs. Galle, which is sort of odd because it makes me hyper aware that I no longer share the same last name as they do.

And at the same time, we're still happy to see one another at the end of the work day.  We're still working out the same issues we always have that come with spending time with both sides of the family at the holidays.  So much of our daily lives are the same, and yet the little details seem to change.  I will tell you this, not planning a wedding has been WONDERFUL!


1 comment:

  1. Happy two months! There is something to be said for the safety and security of marriage. like you said, somethings are exactly the same but things do change and as you guys continue to work through it all you know that both of you are in it for the long haul and that is an incredible feeling -- to know that someone loves you so much. Happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete