Fortune Favors the Bold

Fortune Favors the Brave. I'm looking forward to this life I live.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Base & Top Coat

So a few weeks ago I posted that I had ordered a bunch of OPI nail polish on Amazon.  So far, everything looks fantastic... although I think that Emerald City Lights is going to have to go on top of a darker base color.

The part of the order that was not so great, was the base coat and top coat, which I ordered in regular nail polish and received in gels.

I decided I didn't want to hassle with the Amazon marketplace returns policy and instead I headed down to 17th Street Beauty Supply in Costa Mesa and inquired about their OPI line.  Unfortunately, they were all out of the OPI base and top coats, but the girl working told me that she suggested I try Orly's Bonder base coat and Seche Vite quick-drying top coat.  She told me they are the two top sellers at the store, and that she thinks they're way better than OPI's stuff.

I figured I had nothing to lose, and since I'm not much of a base and top coat girl anything was probably going to be better than my usual habit of just painting my nails.

OMG ladies, the girl at the store was NOT kidding!!!

Bonder gives your nails this weird rubbery texture that totally bonds the nail polish to your nails and gives you an extra sticky base that lasts forever.

Seche Vite is a gift from God too - it literally dries my nails in about five minutes.  Granted I am still really careful not to bump or ding them, but I am basically able to function one commercial break after painting my nails instead of a full hour long program later.

No joke, the first time I used these two products, my nail polish stayed on for two weeks... through dishwasher, hair washing, showers, etc.  I may never go back to painting my nails without this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment